Monday, December 29, 2008

My First Treatment



My first treatment was pokey. That means it felt like a bee sting because Elias (the nurse), he put a needle in my arm to draw blood and put the treatment stuff in my body. He had to stick me twice because the first time my vein wasn't big enough to find. The second he found a really good vein and he got it. I got to sit in a big comfy leather recliner chair while the treatment dripped into my body. I watched a movie then we finished we had breakfast - waffles!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have had quite the adventure so far. Glad to hear you guys got there safe, even after a few problems. Did you get your luggage??? I don't think you ever said??? Thinking of you. Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you LOTS!!! You're going to have to write a book when done with this adventure, Tracie! Love ya.......Kim (What's the "stuff" John is receiving during his treatment?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, way to be brave. We are thing of you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John, We are the neighbors down the street and I do know how to spell thinking even though my last comment said thing. It finally worked for us. Miss you KPB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Answers to Questions asked in Comments:
    1. Yes, we finally got our luggage after hours of haggling. US Airways does not care about luggage, folks. Even after they charge you $15 to lose it. Just a PSA.

    2. The "stuff" in Johns treatment is a combo of concentrated vitamins and minerals he's lacking. One guy here had 10 days of it and now his liver failure is reversed. Amazing.

    3. Karissa, we know you can spell. John says your one of the best in the class. Sometimes our fingers say something our heads didn't mean to say. C'est la vie in computer world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi john and mom it's nice to see photos and read about this it all helps a lot!!!
    -anj

    ReplyDelete